I’m looking for interesting projects or problems to help with. And, I’m about to run a series of workshops on digital communications – make sure you sign up! For some visual goodness, see these recent projects. I’m great at:
- Digital and social content – concepts, strategy, planning and implementation
- Channel strategy – I’ll create a channel mix so that your content is seen and acted on
- Media – I’ll manage PR as part of a communications plan or standalone
- Speaker – I’m an experienced speaker for small and large audiences. Examples: How to save a life using Facebook, How to choose the right digital channel, How to measure effectiveness of digital campaigns.
- Workshops – I can tailor workshops to your team’s needs. Examples: Digital content that gets results, Social media for behaviour change, Social media basics/intermediate/advanced.
- Mentoring – As a leader of people, I’m experienced in developing people, building confidence and empowering them. I can provide one to one mentoring on the topics listed.
Here’s some recent highlights:
- As a consultant, working with: Massey University, Internet NZ, Te Uru Rakau, NZ Rugby, NIWA (Deep South and Sustainable Seas Science Challenges), MPI (Food Safety)
- Created the first full service social media team in NZ government at ACC New Zealand. We went from not connecting to being everywhere Kiwis wanted us to be.
- Increasing the number of motorcyclists undertaking safety training through social media. I know that this has saved at least one life.
- Created ACC’s first bilingual television ad with Maori TV. Led the creative concepts and delivery of multi-platform content for Game of Bros, Toa Hunter Gatherer and sports commentary.
- Led communications and social strategy for School of Hard Knocks reality show (Maori TV and TVNZ)
- Led the complete rewrite of content on acc.co.nz – only creating content our audience told us they wanted (reduced content from 10,000 pages and docs to 1,200)
- Created the Government Social Network, a group of government communicators who meet monthly to share great stuff. It was a way of creating efficiencies by not working in isolation. We have 120 members today.
- During the 1080 milk crisis, I was Social Media Manager in the all of government response. Careful management resulted in the public feeling assured and informed.
- Speaker at Maori in Business workshops, NZ Social Media Conference, Sustainable Seas Conference, NZ Content and Communities Conference.
So, if you think I might be able to help – say kia ora!